This qualification is intended for delegates actively involved in the electrical contracting industry and allied trades who have responsibility for the design, specification, installation and testing processes. It addresses, in particular, the implications of the Wiring Regulations for Electrical Installations.
- Statutory and non-statutory requirements
- Electrical installation design, construction management and commissioning
- Characteristics of supply
- Protective devices and systems
- Principles for safety
- Selection and erection
- Single and poly-phase installations
- Special locations and installations
- Initial verification
Delegates attending this course must be 18 years of age or older. There are no formal entry requirements; however it is expected that delegates have successfully completed the following before registering for this course:
- 2382-18 Requirements for Electrical Installations;
- 2391-10 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations, or 2394-01 Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations and / or 2395-01 Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
Delegates should also have industry experience as well as knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles.
5 Days in total split into a 3 Day and a 2 Day Block.
Upon completion of the City & Guilds 2396 course, successful delegates will receive a certificate.
This is an on-demand course, which can also be delivered on site. Please call our sales team for more details.