This course is aimed at anyone who performs maintenance, installation or demolition work in existing premises where there is a risk of being exposed to asbestos or asbestos containing materials.
The format of the course is to answer a series of basic questions that arise during, building, maintenance and servicing work within buildings and seeks to give a general awareness of what asbestos is; why it is so damaging and where it is likely to be found.
- Why is asbestos such a big issue?
- What is asbestos?
- Why is it so dangerous?
- Why have we not got rid of it?
- What does the law say?
- What does it look like and where can it be found?
- Can I work with asbestos?
- What should I do before starting a job?
- What should I do if I suspect I have found asbestos or ACM’s?
- What should I do if I disturb materials that might contain asbestos?
- Where can i get more information?
- Check List
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will receive a certificate.
This is an on-demand course, which can also be delivered on site. Please call our sales team for more details.