- To provide basic information and areas of responsibility for health, safety and the environment
- To understand the implications of hazard recognition/risk assessment and effects on individuals and the employer
- To demonstrate how individual behaviour can help reduce accidents
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
- Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health, safety & the environment
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when change to a generic assessment is required
- Understand the common hazards associated with work
MODULE 1 – Hazards on a Petrol Filling Station
Will give delegates an understanding of:- the types of hazards, hazardous areas, safety data sheets, fuel hazards, tanker delivery hazards, contractor and other hazards.
MODULE 2 – Controlling Work on a Forecourt
This session introduces restricted areas of a petrol forecourt, communication, documentation, task classification, zone classification, safety method statements, clearance certificates and permits to work.
MODULE 3 – Safe Working Practices
This session introduces confined spaces, excavations, hot working, working at height, electricity on a petrol forecourt and associated controls.
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will receive a confirmation of attendance whilst SPA process your qualification.
This course can also be delivered on site. Please call our sales team for more details.