- To provide basic information and areas of responsibility for health, safety and the environment
- To understand the implications of hazard recognition/risk assessment and effects on individuals and the employer
- To demonstrate how individual behaviour can help reduce accidents
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
- Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health, safety & the environment
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when change to a generic assessment is required
- Understand the common hazards associated with work
MODULE 1 – Organising for safety
Will give delegates an understanding of the legal responsibilities of employers and employees, the role of enforcing authorities, what makes a vulnerable worker, hazard identification and control.
MODULE 2 – The workplace
This module examines what makes a safe place of work, safe behavior, hidden services and specific hazards, working at height, asbestos and confined spaces and permit-to-work.
MODULE 3 – Tools, plant and machinery
The session will give delegates an understanding of the risks presented by both powered and non powered work equipment and the risks associated with the various forms of energy created. In addition, the risks faced with the use of workplace transport.
MODULE 4 – Health
The session highlights the risks and controls for substances hazardous to health together with other ill health risks from workplace activities, including musculoskeletal problems, effects of noise and stress. In addition candidates will be made aware of the varied precautions which can be taken.
MODULE 5 – Procedures
Candidates will be shown the need and benefits of procedures, including: the importance of local emergency procedures and first aid arrangements.
MODULE 6 – The environment
The module covers current and future environmental requirements, safe storage and marking, waste control hierarchies and emergency planning in the event of problems.
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will receive a confirmation of attendance whilst SPA process your qualification.
This course can also be delivered on site. Please call our sales team for more details.