- To provide basic information and areas of responsibility for health, safety and the environment
- To understand the implications of hazard recognition/risk assessment and effects on individuals and the employer
- To demonstrate how individual behaviour can help reduce accidents
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
- Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health, safety & the environment
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when change to a generic assessment is required
- Understand the common hazards associated with work
MODULE 1 – Organising for safety
Will give delegates an understanding of the legal responsibilities of employers and employees, the role of enforcing authorities, what makes a vulnerable worker, hazard identification and control.
MODULE 2 – The workplace
This module examines what makes a safe place of work, safe behavior, hidden services and specific hazards, working at height, asbestos and confined spaces and permit-to-work.
MODULE 3 – Tools, plant and machinery
The session will give delegates an understanding of the risks presented by both powered and non powered work equipment and the risks associated with the various forms of energy created. In addition, the risks faced with the use of workplace transport.
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will receive a confirmation of attendance whilst SPA process your qualification.
This course can also be delivered on site. Please call our sales team for more details.