Whilst not delving into the depths of the design requirements or the structural format of electrical management this course aims to cover the day-to-day application of HTM 06-02. It is expected that attendees have a good understanding of electrical principals and craft-practice.
- Statutory requirements relating to electrical safety;
- HTM-06-02- Electrical safety guidance for low voltage systems;
- Roles and duties of personnel;
- Procedures for working on equipment made dead;
- Procedures for working on live equipment;
- Use of approved tools and equipment and personal protective equipment;
- Means/method of proving dead at the point of work;
- Completion of live working self-check safety precautions before testing, fault-finding or making adjustments on live LV circuits;
- Types of live working that requires the issue of an LV certificate of authorisation for live working, by an Authorised Person;
- Testing of circuits prior to energisation.
Delegates should have a good level of understanding relating to low voltage electrical installation work
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will receive a certificate.
Competent Persons are required to complete a course of emergency first aid training.
This is an on-demand course, which can also be delivered on site. Please call our sales team for more details.