The course is based on the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment– 5th Edition and explains the necessity for appliance testing, how it should be implemented and managed and how the actual inspection and testing should be carried out correctly.
The course runs over two days, with the assessment being carried out in the afternoon of the second day. The course is both practical and theory based.
The only formal entry requirement is that attendees are a minimum of 18 years of age. However, the course and the assessments assumes that attendees have a good understanding of electrical principles, and is therefore suited to those already working in the electrical industry.
- Statutory and non-statutory requirements
- Units of measurement
- Equipment construction classes
- Inspection and testing procedures
- Risk assessment and frequency of checks
- User checks
- Formal visual inspections
- Combined inspection and testing
- Completing inspections and testing
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will receive a certificate.
This course can also be delivered on site. Please call our sales team for more details.