The aim of this course is to introduce the role of Duty Holders under the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and what this means to the individual.
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Identify the basic principles of electrical safety and how they are achieved
- Discuss the key areas of legislation, who enforces them and what guidance is available
- Identify who is a Duty Holder
- Establish ways of keeping electrical systems safe through maintenance
- Establish ways of keeping electrical systems safe through safe systems of work
- Maintain safe electrical systems through use of competent persons and the need for correct design
- Competence and Authorisations
- Contractors and Maintenance
- Electrical Safety and Regulations
- Electricity Risks
- Health and Safety
- Sanctions and Permits
Delegates attending the course must be 18 years of age or older. There are no formal entry requirements; however, candidates are expected to have a basic understanding of electricity.
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will receive a certificate. Please call our sales team for more details.