This course does not give the delegate the basic electrical skills to undertake that actual work, it does give them the knowledge to carry out such work in accordance with the Wiring Regulations and the Electricity at Work Regulations. This course will also help delegates understand the requirements of Part P of the Building Regulations.
The course focuses on the theory and the practical aspects of minor works and is heavily biased towards the inspection and testing process and the completion of the Minor Electrical Work Certificate. There is a practical element to the course where tools and test instruments will be made available, however we welcome delegates who wish to use their own test equipment.
- What is minor works
- Installations that comply with earlier versions of BS 7671
- Effects of the minor works on the existing installation
- How existing installations affect minor works
- Safe isolation of supply and proving dead
- General principles of design and installation
- The Building Regulations
- Ring final and radial final socket circuits
- Cooker circuits
- Shower circuits
- Lighting circuits
- Rooms containing a bath or a shower
- Works out of doors
- Initial verification
- The Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will receive a certificate.
This is an on-demand course, which can also be delivered on site. Please call our sales team for more details.